Friday, January 23, 2009

Day 5 Update

Day 5 of since my arrival into Perth...
I've just finished cooking my second ever dinner, and again, it is instant noodles with Spam, bacon, egg and spinach. It's actually not as bad as it sounds! Though...you could probably serve me dog food and I would still think it's good...
I also washed clothes for the first time here too, which I have just finished folding. I'm being the most un-green person ever - I feel very ashamed that I HAVE to use the dryer! There aren't any racks here, so I wasn't able to just hang them inside the house. I tried to compensate by using this "Planet Ark" clothes washing powder. Apparently it contains no phosphorus or petrochemicals (pfft), and is biodegradable (technically they all are :p)....I bought it because it was the cheapest around, HA!

I met up with Barry Collins from Crown Removals yesterday - he is acting as my property consultant for the upcoming period of time. We drove around areas where I may be interested in staying:- East Perth, and South Perth. West Perth is another location we may be interested in, but I've been through there already on my own travels, therefore I didn't need to waste Barry's time by asking him to take me there.

I must say, I really enjoy the look of East Perth. It reminds me a bit of Docklands, but the community is well established, the design of the place ties in well with the existing city (unlike Docklands, where the Stadium was plonked such that it acts as a very large fence between Docklands and the City), and is well connected to the city via buses and trains, which are free! South Perth has potential too, since the ferry that connects South Perth and the City is cheap. In both situations, I have easy access to a freeway that runs counterpeak. West Perth also has easy access to the city and the freeway, but the community doesn't really feel as connected - a mishmash of offices and apartments. I'm not too keen on living in West Perth. If anything, we're going to be targeting East Perth.

Whilst we were travelling through South Perth, we managed to stumble upon a rather stranded looking real estate agent standing outside 19 Victoria Street (which happened to be one of my properties of interest). As luck would have it, he was waiting for someone who he was going to show around the house. However, he never turned up, and I did, so I got to have a look around the house! I took some photos of the place, which I will put up on Facebook.
The real estate seemed keen for me to put in an application for the property. Barry had a feeling that if I applied, I will be likely to get the property. I'll put this on the backburner for now; I want to go for a property in East Perth, so we'll see how that goes first.

Nothing much else to report for now, except that I am missing you all back there in Melbourne, and that I HAVE returned the shopping trolley.

1 Comments:

At 10:25 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck with finding the perfect property! Though to say that you take the ferry to work doesn't sound too bad. :)

Darren

 

Post a Comment

<< Home